polski lietuvių русский français

Great synagogue

historical object

The Great Synagogue of Grodno was built from 1576 to 1580 by Santi Gucci, who designed a Wooden synagogue at Rabbi Mordechai Yaffe's invitation.

The synagogue twice totally burned down. Under the supervision of Iya Frunkin, the Jewish community built new synagogue in the eclectic and moorish style from 1902 to 1905.

More about Belarus in visual mode from the video creator Siarhei Marozau on Instagram

Hi! This is Grodno - the first visa free City in Belarus.