The Tower of Kamyenyets, often called by the misnomer the White Tower. "White" do not describe the color of the tower, but meant freedom in the ancient Slavs
Erected in 1271–1289 as a frontier stronghold on the northern border of the principality of Volhynia, it is the only such tower remaining to this day in Belarus.
The nearest forest received its name from the tower - Biełaviežskaja Pušča or Bialowieża Forest (White Tower forest)
Since 1960 the tower houses a branch of the Brest regional museum.